This week I have a recipe for vibrant blueberry lemonade. It’s simple to make, looks gorgeous, and unlike some lemonades, it actually tastes like lemons. For simplicity’s sake, I blend the sugar with the lemons and blueberries. This evenly distributes the sugar without having to make simple syrup first. By adding some lemon zest in, it amps up the citrus aroma, giving you plenty of lemon flavor without making it too tart.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 4" strip of lemon zest (just the yellow part)
- 6 ounces blueberries (use your favorite berry)
- 4 cups still or sparkling water
- Put the sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and blueberries in a blender or food processor. Blitz until the mixture is smooth.
- If you want your lemonade to be pulp-free, strain the mixture through a tea strainer, otherwise pour the mixture into a 2-quart pitcher.
- Add the water, and stir to combine. Fill the pitcher with ice and serve.
Yield: 4 servings